Friday, May 23, 2008

The Birthday Grrrrl


You know, just because it's your birthday it doesn't mean you HAVE to be happy and have a good time. I guess we're all entitled to bad days.


So Olivia turned the big 3 on May 13th. At this point she doesn't have a lot of friends. When you ask her who her friends are she lists Meredith and Meredith's friends. So I decided to forgo a large birthday party in favor of a special day at the mall with just a few kids. I should have called it a day at lunch. We started off at the Rainforest Cafe for lunch with Daddy, Gramma and Meredith. Here's what happened when I asked for the first picture:
I'm guessing underneath that menu she's NOT smiling.

So after lunch we had plans to meet up with Natalie (Olivia's buddy) and head to all the girly spots in the mall. I planned a visit to Club Libby Lu (against my better judgement) thinking that we would shop and maybe get glitter-ed and call it good. No such luck. Both Meredith and Natalie were Club veterans and were all about the makeover "experience". Olivia? Not so much. But she readily agreed to join her buddies and get made over.



The end result was a lot better than the process, as is obvious in the photos. She really did seem to enjoy herself once she snapped out of her funk. Maybe next year we'll do a backyard party...

No comments: